Horizontal Traversing Boom
The T944X provides up to 70 inches of horizontal boom transfer, the industry's only new machine with this capability. With Traverse, the specified lift height is the same as the landing height. This stands in contrast to a traditional fixed boom pivot, where the true landing height is generally several feet less than the advertised lift height, as operators must account for withdrawing the forks out of the load with enough rearward travel for the fork tips to clear the landing zone.
The 74-horsepower Cummins QSF3.8 Tier 4 Final diesel engine features a DOC muffler and requires no diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). Side pod mounting offers easy service access while allowing excellent curbside visibility and ground clearance.
Drivetrain & Axles
Drivetrain and axles have been optimized to provide greater tractive effort with minimal tradeoff on top end speed.
- Dana 212 Series high steer axles provide excellent tractive effort.
- Tight steer angle capability provides efficient turning radius.
- Dana VDT12000 Powershift transmission offers 3 speeds, forward and reverse.
- Full time 4-wheel-drive with limited-slip front axle differential.
Newly designed boom with formed boom plates offers greater strength with less weight.
- Boom deflection minimized for better control and accuracy placing loads.
- Boom overlap nearly doubled to provide smoother operation and reduce contact forces on wear pads.
- Fastener-less wear pads simplify service.
- Bottom-mounted external extend cylinder significantly reduces load on wear pads; cylinder location also provides better service access to internal boom components.
- Compression tilt design allows for a smaller bore cylinder with same tilt force.
- Single extension chain eliminates the need to balance dual chains.
Capacity & Reach
The T944X has a capable 9,000-pound load capacity rating. It achieves forward reach up to 35 feet, 10 inches and a maximum lift height of 44 feet, 6 inches.
The Traverse's hydraulic circuit delivers exceptional controllability, efficiency and cycle speeds.
- Cylinder cushioning dampens the end of strokes – both extending and retracting – to prevent hard, jarring stops and avoid both wear-and-tear and potential load spills.
- Single lift cylinder provides operator with clear sight lines.
- Twin lines for tilt and auxiliary plumbing.
Damage-resistant, all-steel fuel and hydraulic tanks. Fuel tank provides ample fuel volume for a full day's work at 100% load.
The operator cab includes ergonomic seat, pedal, joystick and steering wheel positions. Available as an open canopy or enclosed cab, it features an all-steel interior with water-resistant components for easy washdown.
- New analog/LCD gauge cluster.
- Enhanced climate control system.
- Split door design allows upper half to lock in the open position.
- Flat, bolt-in glass can easily be removed or replaced.
- Openable rear window improves air flow while keeping cab dry.
- Lockable storage area under seat for manual, gloves and tools.
- Split-system electrical panels allow for easier service of individual circuits.
- Heavy-duty bright LED lighting
- Weather-sealed connections
- USB accessory plug in cab
- 12-volt accessory plug in engine bay
- Easy access to all filters and fluid level indicators.
- Lockable fuel-fill in clean, accessible location.
- Inside of boom easily accessible for service.
- Non-tensioned boom hoses offer long service life.